Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
- In the course of operating the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services, we may collect two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
- “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address, birth date and gender and/or your company contact information. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service you choose to subscribe to, when you enter a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS promotion or choose to receive a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS newsletter. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our customer service representatives, we may keep a record of that correspondence so that we may fully address the subject matter. We may also receive Personal Information from our business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm to us that you have permitted them to share such information. We will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your member’s account, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
- Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, email address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
- “Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain you may have used to access a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service, the type and version of browser or operating system you may be using, and the website you may have come from and visit next. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
- Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS derives or collects and uses Non-Personal Information in the course of operating the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services. For example, our Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information may be used by Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services and information you have requested from us, including your use of the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Site. Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services;
- If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS may send you emailed materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such email materials, you will be required to follow the links posted in the outbound emails;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Site, we may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion;
- Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS, if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest, may also use Personal Information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS will not sell or rent out your Personal Information to any third parties.
- Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties under the following reasons:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
- Third parties are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services. Such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services;
To facilitate the provision of such Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service, such as fulfilling legal requirements, as may be set out in the Terms and Conditions applicable to a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service;
- To compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority; or
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
- The majority of the advertisements which are displayed in connection with the Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services are served through reputable third party advertisement serving partner(s).
- In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card information to us, Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS works to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
- You can help protect the security of your Personal Information as well by taking certain simple precautions: never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your Account or Registration Information. Also remember to log out of your account and close your browser window after using a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service or surfing the Web, thereby preventing other users of computer from gaining access to your information.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY PROCEDURES
- Privacy procedures specific to a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service can be found on a Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Site at the location of the particular Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Service, or in additional terms referenced at such Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Site. Those procedures are an addendum to this policy and are provided to you at the place where they will be of most use to you.
ACCESSING AND CHANGING ACCOUNT/ REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS provides you with the means to access and update some of your Registration Information you may have provided to us at any time on your own by going to the appropriate page on the MyBlu Telecommunications Portal.
- If you are unsure whether we have a record containing any of your Personal Information and would like to confirm whether or not we do, please Contact Us, indicating all e-mail addresses that you may have given us.
- If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the links posted in the outbound emails.
LIMITATION AND LIABILITY
- You expressly understand and agree that in no event shall Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS, including its affiliates and licensors, be liable for any damages whatsoever, including any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages, and any damages for loss of profits, savings, goodwill or other intangible losses, regardless of whether Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS had been advised of or could have foreseen the possibility of such damages, arising out of or in connection with: (a) the use, inability to use or performance of any of the services of Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS site, or (b) any unauthorized access to or modification to any of your content or transmissions, or (c) any other matter relating to Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS site or any of the services.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS
© 2014 Blu TELECOMMUNICATIONS Communications Limited. All Rights Reserved.